Link to Junior Librarian:
Welcome to Yeo Valley Primary School
A very warm welcome to
YeoValley Primary School
We hope this website shows the wealth of opportunities, the passion for learning and the excitement and enthusiasm our school has to offer.
We are dedicated to helping our children become
- Successful learners
- Confident individuals and
- Responsible citizens
Every child in our school is unique and we look to foster their individuality through building strong relationships based on trust and respect.
Our school is an exciting, happy place where everyone feels supported and where expectations are high.
The children are at the centre of the joint partnership between parents/carers and school and we believe that this relationship is crucial to enable the children to achieve their best.
It would be a pleasure to show you around our school. Visitors are always welcome.
Jan Reid, Head Teacher
About Yeo Valley Primary
"YeoValleyPrimary Schoolis situated in the middle of Barnstaple,North Devon. It has 220 children on roll with children starting in our Nursery at 2 years of age and then transferring to the local secondary schools at 11
The school is the hub of the local community.
The Victorian building has large, bright classrooms that have all been refurbished. The very large area behind the school hosts an oasis of activities for the children. The grounds have organic gardens, a large pond, forest schools area, trim trail, ball sports area, picnic area and space!!
In addition to this we have many study rooms to support Counting to Calculating, Reading Recovery, Phonics, Speaking and Listening and other interventions.
The school hosts one of the best primary libraries in the South West, fully supported by a Library and Resources manager.
The school has an excellent reputation and takes the lead for music across the Barnstaple Learning Community.
There is also specialist provision for Technology and Art.
Please take the time to look at our website and if you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us – 01271 375429 or admin@firstname.lastname@example.org
Extract from Ofsted Report 2014:
- "The school is a positive learning environment and this is reflected in pupils' good behaviour and attitudes towards each other. Pupils attend regularly, feel safe and are proud of their school."
- "Teachers plan interesting work to engage the pupils so they enjoy learning and achieve well. This is reflected in the pupils' positive attitudes towards their work and good behaviour in lessons."
- "The school provides pupils with a wide range of subjects and learning experiences. Specialist teaching in music and art enhances this provision and makes a positive contribution to pupils' spiritual, moral and cultural development."
- "Children make good progress in the Nursery and Reception classes. Strong and effective leadership of the Early Years Foundation Stage unit has resulted in significant improvements being secured in children's achievement and the quality of teaching. This ensures the children have a very good start in their education."